Arbitration is a consensual alternative dispute resolution process where parties agree to submit their disputes to be resolved by one or more arbitrators instead of resolving through Court proceedings. Arbitration is private and confidential, and there are no restrictions on who may represent the parties in an arbitration.
ONC Lawyers has extensive experience in domestic and international arbitrations, and had previously handled various ad hoc arbitrations and institutional arbitrations administered by the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC), the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the London Maritime Arbitrators Association (LMAA), the American Arbitration Association (AAA) and other arbitration institutions.
Our team of experienced lawyers consists of arbitrators, who could assist clients in resolving disputes in a cost effective manner by way of arbitration to avoid costly and time-consuming legal proceedings.
Our lawyers’ credentials in this area include:
- Acted for a Samoa company against a Hong Kong company in Hong Kong arbitration for a claim of over RMB 600 million for breach of share sale and purchase agreement.
- Acted for a Taiwanese ship owner against a PRC charterer in Hong Kong arbitration for a claim of over US$95 million for breach of contract of affreightment in relation to the charterer’s refusal to accept substituted vessel to perform the voyage
- Acted for a well-known Hong Kong ship chartering company in arbitration and court proceedings in London to resist a claim of US$5 million in relation to a charterparty dispute.
- Acted for a PRC manufacturer (publicly-listed in Shenzhen) in New York arbitration to resist a claim of US$47 million in relation to a patent license dispute.
- Acted for a PRC shipbuilder (publicly-listed in Singapore) in arbitration and successfully resisted the buyer’s claim of over US$30 million in relation to a shipbuilding dispute.
- Acted for a PRC shipbuilder (publicly-listed in Hong Kong) in arbitration to resist a claim of over US$36 million in relation to a shipbuilding dispute.
If you would like to know more about our arbitration practice or how we can help your business, please contact us at (852) 2810 1212 or at email@example.com.