Every business wishes to maintain a good reputation, which could also be its most valuable assets. Building a positive image among customers and the public may take years but to destroy it will only be done in one moment. This is especially true in a world where news travels rapidly and image could mean everything. The risks associated with the rise of digital publishing and social media have never been so tremendous. The extensive accessibility and use of such digital media has provided routes for anonymous people to repeatedly attack reputations and privacy of any individuals or organisations. Any insult on your name or that of your organisation can cause permanent damage.
Whether you are a print or online content provider or individuals or organisations who wish to seek redress for defamatory remarks made against them, ONC Lawyers is dedicated to counsel you on your rights and obligations in respect of reputational and privacy issues. Our experienced and knowledgeable lawyers act for both claimants and defendants in defamation actions. We advise clients on the most appropriate ways or legal tools to prevent and minimise the harm done by defamatory remarks.
We are experienced in dealing with claims with respect to defamation and reputation protection. The scope of our reputation and defamation services generally includes the followings:
- defamation claims, including libel, slander and malicious falsehood;
- persuading claimants to settle or back down the claims;
- advising on advertising law, privacy and data protection law and regulations governing confidential information;
- advising on strategies to help prevent disclosure of confidential information;
- advising on media plans and policies; and
- obtaining injunctions regarding defamatory remarks and comments.
If you would like to know more about our defamation practice or how we can help you, please contact us at (852) 2810 1212 or at email@example.com .