Employment, Privacy & Discrimination
Hong Kong is one of the best cities to establish and operate a business because of its geographical proximity to Mainland China, business-friendly tax regime and effective legal system. At ONC Lawyers, our experienced team of lawyers helps companies navigate ongoing local and cross-border employment challenges and workplace issues so that they may fully capture the benefits of conducting business in Hong Kong. We have the industry knowledge and expertise necessary to help you through complex global and local compliance issues and regulatory challenges. We understand your business and strive to offer practical, client-focused and timely advice.
We act for a wide range of clients, including listed companies, banks and financial institutions, local and international corporations, statutory bodies as well as small and medium-sized enterprises, individual employers and employees. Our work covers a comprehensive scope of employment, data protection, privacy and discrimination matters, including wrongful dismissal disputes, senior executive exits, team moves, enforcement of restrictive covenants, breaches of fiduciary duties, employment law issues arising from mergers and acquisitions, regulatory investigations, whistleblowing, employment data protection, and discrimination claims. We also advise on cross-jurisdictional matters including immigration and visa issues as well as cross-border employee transfers. We also have solid experience in making and opposing employment-related injunction applications.
The services of our employment, privacy and discrimination practice include:
- advising on legal obligations and entitlements of employers and employees as well as related issues arising from termination of employment contracts;
- drafting and reviewing employment contracts as well as tailoring restrictive covenants and garden leave clauses to suit roles and seniority of respective directors and senior employees;
- drafting and reviewing employee handbooks and human resources policies;
- dealing with contentious employment and related matters such as disputes arising from restrictive covenants, non-competition undertakings, confidentiality issues, fiduciary duties, duty of fidelity, springboard injunctions and other employment related issues;
- advising on non-contentious employment matters, including applications for work and residence visas, advice relating to internal disciplinary issues, formulation of human resources strategies in relation to team moves, group reorganisations and workplace restructuring;
- handling workplace discrimination, sexual harassment and whistleblowing cases;
- handling privacy litigation and misuse of personal data; and
- advising on data protection compliance and cybersecurity issues, including compliance programmes, cross-border data transfers and data breaches.
If you would like to know more about our employment, privacy and discrimination practice or how we can help your business, please contact us at (852) 2810 1212 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.