Our Criminal Litigation Team has in the past assisted numerous clients involved in criminal investigations or prosecutions. We have defended clients in a wide array of criminal offences. Our service commences not from the day the client was charged but from the time the client becomes aware that he may be charged. We pride ourselves in possessing deep knowledge of the criminal law and procedure and, more importantly, we pay meticulous attention to every detail of client’s case so as to formulate a most effective defence strategy. In helping clients with different circumstances and charges, we are able to draw upon our extensive experience and cater the clients’ needs. Any individual who is charged with an offence needs to know his or her rights, whether any rights were breached, what is the best way to tackle the situation and how to put forward a strong defence to the charge. We are always able to respond instantly and effectively to clients’ needs, which is a keystone of our firm’s criminal practice.
We have wide-ranging experience in dealing with different government authorities, including the Hong Kong Police Force, the Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC), the Securities and Futures Commission of Hong Kong (SFC), the Immigration Department, the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data and the Commercial Crime Bureau (CCB).
Our services include:
- providing advice on criminal law and procedure before and after charge;
- attending Police, ICAC, SFC, CCB and other law enforcement agencies with clients;
- entering into plea bargaining for clients before or after charge;
- application for bail before trial or pending appeal;
- conducting investigation and evidence gathering before trial;
- conducting defence at all levels of courts from Magistracy to the High Court;
- conducting appeals at all levels of courts up to the Court of Final Appeal; and
- conducting mitigation for clients.
If you would like to know more about our criminal litigation practice or how we can help you, please contact us at (852) 2810 1212 or at firstname.lastname@example.org .