Real Estate Finance
Handling and putting through loan transactions secured by real estate property including syndicated loans, building and construction loans, debentures, charges, etc. Services include:
- advising on lending schemes and financing structures;
- drafting, revising, negotiating and advising on loan documentation including loan/facility agreements, debenture and building mortgages, share charges, assignments of rental and sales proceeds, charges on deposit, transfer of mortgages, sub-mortgages, guarantees, etc.; and
- drafting and completing releases and discharges of security documentation.
Our Real Estate and Banking lawyers acted for banking institutions, listed companies, property developers, licensed money lenders in the capacity of a lender and/or a borrower.
Major transactions handled by our lawyers include, amongst others :
- granting of a building loan of up to HK$195,000,000 by a Hong Kong incorporated bank to a property developer for developing a commercial building in Western District in Hong Kong;
- granting of a HK$1.53 billion syndicated building loan arranged by a PRC incorporated bank in favour of an affiliate of a PRC incorporated bank as the co-developer of the bank headquarters building in Central District in Hong Kong;
- granting of a syndicated term loan of up to HK$5,000,000,000 secured by a commercial building in Central District and a commercial building in Tsim Sha Tsui District in Hong Kong by a bank consortium in favour of a PRC listed company ;
- granting of a standby credit facility of up to HK$10 billion secured by a sub-mortgage of a portfolio 10,000 mortgaged properties by a PRC incorporated bank in favour of a Hong Kong incorporated bank;
- granting of a building loan facility of up to HK$100,000,000 for the development of a villa in Stanley in Hong Kong by a Hong Kong incorporated bank in favour of a property developer;
- granting of a HK$100,000,000 revolving loan facility under a property sub-mortgage program by a Hong Kong affiliate company of a PRC state-owned asset management company in favour of a Hong Kong licensed money lender;
- granting of a HK$2.7 billion term loan facility secured by 65 Hong Kong properties by a PRC incorporated bank to a PRC interested corporation;
- assignment and transfer of all the loans and mortgage debts from a US Bank to a UK interested bank incorporated in Hong Kong as part of banking restructuring exercise;
- granting of mortgage loans by a Singaporean funded Hong Kong incorporated and licensed money lender in favour of individual and corporate property owners for the ultimate purpose of securitization;
- granting of a syndicated loan facility secured by a commercial development in Wan Chai by a major bank in Hong Kong; and
- granting of a HK$896,000,000 mergers and acquisitions loan by a specialized company by a Macau incorporated bank to investors secured by the equity of and commercial properties held.
If you would like to know more about our real estate practice or how we can help your business, please contact us at (852) 2810 1212 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.