Wills, Probate & Trusts
The work of this department is divided into two parts: non-contentious and contentious.
The non-contentious part involves advice and assistance to clients in planning the use and disposal of their personal and family assets. The services we provide seek to ensure that the assets of clients could be best protected and used in a way that accords with their intention and properly provide for the welfare of those entitled to the assets. Services provided include:
- advice on inheritance, bankruptcy and family laws and procedures;
- drafting wills, will trusts;
- drafting trust deeds and related documents such as letters of wishes, deeds of assignments;
- assist in setting up trusts for various purposes, such as assets protection, succession planning, charity, religion, disability protection etc; and
- application for grant of administration or probate or re-sealing of overseas grant, and distribution of assets thereafter.
On the contentious side, we handle matters such as:
- making/defending application for dependant persons, children or widows under the Inheritance (Provisions for Family and Dependants) Ordinance;
- challenging/defending validity of wills, or their interpretation;
- claiming/defending entitlements of illegitimate children, concubines and unmarried couples; and
- aking/defending actions for improper administration of estate or trust assets by executors, administrators or trustees.
If you would like to
know more about our wills, probate & trust practice or how we can help
your business, please contact us at (852) 2810 1212 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.