Wills, Probate & Trusts
The work of this department is divided into
two parts: non-contentious and contentious.
The non-contentious part involves advice and
assistance to clients in planning the use and disposal of their personal and
family assets. The services we provide seek to ensure that the assets of
clients could be best protected and used in a way that accords with their
intention and properly provide for the welfare of those entitled to the assets.
Services provided include:
- advice on inheritance, bankruptcy and
family laws and procedures;
- drafting wills, will trusts;
- drafting trust deeds and related
documents such as letters of wishes, deeds of assignments;
- assist in setting up trusts for
various purposes, such as assets protection, succession planning, charity,
religion, disability protection etc; and
- application for grant of administration or probate or re-sealing of overseas grant, and distribution of assets thereafter.
On the contentious side, we handle matters
- making/defending application for
dependant persons, children or widows under the Inheritance (Provisions for
Family and Dependants) Ordinance;
- challenging/defending validity of
wills, or their interpretation;
- claiming/defending entitlements of
illegitimate children, concubines and unmarried couples;
- aking/defending actions for improper
administration of estate or trust assets by executors, administrators or
If you would like to
know more about our wills, probate & trust practice or how we can help
your business, please contact us at (852) 2810 1212 or at email@example.com.