With the rise of modern technology, in addition to traditional copyright, other forms of work such as films, sound and digital recordings, cable programs and different published editions of literary, dramatic or musical works are also capable of copyright existence.
ONC recognizes the creativity, labor, time and efforts in compiling a work, and the importance that the rights to such works are protected and recognized. We frequently advise our clients on protecting their copyright in Hong Kong, the PRC and other parts of the world, including on obtaining protection, and defending such copyright in litigation and other enforcement actions such as customs actions.
We have assisted our clients in a wide array of work concerning copyright:
- Advising on and obtaining copyright registration for a healthcare based mobile application;
- Advising a reputable global insurance company on copyright protection for education materials distributed around South-East Asia;
- Advising a listed company on copyright registration and protection of its financial media and information in Hong Kong and PRC;
- Advising a reputable statutory body in relation to copyright licensing and sub-licensing in Hong Kong and PRC in relation to artistic works;
- Advising a start-up technology company on obtaining copyright registration over VR programs, and defending infringement in relation to the same;
- Advising a reputable local religious entity in developing musical works and preparing commissioning agreements in relation to the same;
- Advising a reputable publisher with over 300 years of history in copyright infringement issues in relation to publications; and
- Acting for a renowned Asian artist in reporting to the Hong Kong Customs and Excise Department in respect of infringement of his visual and audio works, and successfully taking enforcement action against the infringer.
If you would like to know more about our intellectual property practice or how we can help your business, please contact us at (852) 2810 1212 or at email@example.com.