Family & Matrimonial
ONC Lawyers advises on all aspects of family laws. We are experienced in handling a large variety of situation, from simple to complex, pre-marriage to divorce, local to international. Whether it is pre or post nuptial agreement, maintenance and variation of maintenance application, dissipation of assets, sole or joint custody argument, injunction application for non-removal of children, we all aim at securing the best possible outcome for our client and children through both negotiated settlement or in court.
Getting married is exciting. A lot of preparation has to be done prior to marriage. A growing number of couples nowadays enter into pre-nuptial or post-nuptial agreement in order to prepare for any unexpected event in future. ONC Lawyers is experienced in drafting and negotiating pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements that involve personal, family and corporate assets worldwide. We can assist our client in preparing a tailor-made agreement whether its scope is limited to one single country multi-jurisdictional. We understand the importance of bringing our client peace of mind when entering into marriage. Having an adequately drafted agreement can save a lot of stress, time and future legal costs in case a relationship breaks down and any dispute arises. We advise both the financially stronger party and the intended spouse or partner for the following services:
- Drafting of pre-nuptial agreement;
- Drafting of post-nuptial agreement;
- Declaration of status of marriage; and
- Registration of customary and modern marriages.
Divorce is unpleasant but not necessarily painful and time consuming if you have the right advisor standing by your side. ONC Lawyers always endeavor to assist our client in choosing the optimal method to resolve the divorce in a quick and amicable way so that our clients can start a new chapter of life. Our abilities to quickly understand the situation and design practical and realistic solutions in light of clients’ objectives distinguish our firm in the competitive family law arena.
For clients separating on amicable terms with their partners, ONC lawyers is experienced in working together with the other parties in reaching reasoned solutions which maximize the interests of our clients while recognizing the interests of the other party. We aim for “solution, not complication”.
Our services include:
- Preparation of separation deed;
- Judicial separation; and
- Separation order.
The breakdown of a relationship is stressful. Getting the right advice in a timely manner is crucial.
Finances and children are two major concerns involved in family law litigation. ONC Lawyers understand that every case is unique and we accompanies our clients to navigate through this process and embark on a new journey by providing practical tailored-made solutions to minimize the impacts involved. Depending on the complexity of each case, we often work closely with other professionals, such as accountants, surveyors, private investigators, child psychologists, mediators and family counsellors.
Our services include:
- Application for ancillary relief;
- Variation of maintenance;
- Application for custody / guardianship / wardship / relocation / adoption for legitimate or illegitimate children;
- Domestic violence injunction;
- Injunction against abduction of children; and
- Other proceedings.
Credentials of our lawyers in this area include:
- Successfully acting for a mother seeking sole care and control of 2 children involving complicated access and other arrangements;
- Successfully acting for a father seeking care and control of 2 daughters to stay away from the mother’s physical and emotional abuse;
- Successfully acting for a mother seeking to increase court ordered maintenance payments for the children;
- Acting for a client on prenuptial agreement and advising her on pre-marital wealth protection;
- Successfully acting, with support from professional forensic accountants, for a wife to prevent asset dissipation by the husband during divorce proceedings;
- Successfully acting for a wife to invite her parents-in-law to join as a party to the divorce proceedings as most of the family assets legally belonged to her parents-in-law;
- Acting for a husband to prepare a deed of separation and settlement arrangements with a view to achieving an amicable divorce;
- Acting for a mother in a hostile divorce against the father who pursued criminal charges against her for the sake of obtaining custody, care and control of 2 young children; and
- Successfully acting for a father seeking an injunction to restrain the Korean mother from removing the children from Hong Kong to Korea.
If you would like to know more about our family & matrimonial practice or how we can help your business, please contact us at (852) 2810 1212 or at email@example.com.