Cybercrime & Internet Fraud
With the rapid developments associated with information technology, the computer and the internet and an increasingly complex web infrastructure, there is a rising potential for them to be exploited for carrying out criminal activities. Any business could be a victim to cybercrime as a result of sophisticated email scams. Typical ones may include hacking into email accounts of small and medium enterprises and obtaining sensitive information relating to financial information or phishing email to senior officers of a company which asks for a transfer of fund to a fraudster.
We have vast experience in dealing with legal matters arising from cybercrime and internet fraud. Our scope of services generally includes:
- working with the Joint Financial Intelligence Unit (JFIU) to stop any fraudulent transfer of funds;
- recovering funds transferred consequential to cybercrime and internet fraud;
- freezing and disclosure orders;
- advising clients on complex issues associated with both personal and sensitive business data including its use, storage, disclosure and destruction;
- advising clients on legal compliance relating to privacy and security risk on cybercrime and cybersecurity; and
- advising clients on cyber risk management and incident response solutions.
We have acted for a number of clients who had been victims to cybercrime and internet fraud. In particular, we have provided instant incident response solutions to our clients in the hope of protecting them from potential and/or actual incidents of cybercrime and internet fraud. We have also been able to assist our clients in recovering funds transferred consequential to cybercrime.
ONC Lawyers has been publishing newsletters and holding seminars on cybercrime and internet fraud. If you suspect you are a victim of cybercrime, ONC Lawyers is able to respond and assist in a timely manner.
If you would like to know more about our cybercrime & internet fraud practice or how we can help your business, please contact us at (852) 2810 1212 or at firstname.lastname@example.org .