Emerging Technologies & Cybersecurity
Hong Kong is one of the leading technology hubs Globally. Known for the high degree of technology adoption in her infrastructure, we understand the importance of synchronizing our client’s technical innovativeness with the latest legal developments. ONC’s Emerging Technologies and Cybersecurity Team is uniquely poised to help deliver the most efficient solutions to exciting and complex finance and tech-related matters where we use our expertise to advise medical device manufacturers, pharmaceutical companies, providers and funders of medical technology, trade associations and intermediaries in this sector.
With practitioners being drawn directly from fields of healthcare informatics, artificial intelligence (AI) and law enforcement agencies (prior to their respective entry into their respective legal practices), ONC’s team is in a unique position to deliver industry-centric solutions unavailable at traditional pure law practices.
Here at ONC, we understand that technology is ever changing at groundbreaking speed. What is today’s invention will quickly become the standard of tomorrow, and quick action is essential.
ONC’s perspective of the lawyer’s role in emerging technology is a unique one and our multidisciplinary team is industry natural, whether it is tied to med-tech, or cybersecurity and blockchain related technologies focused on protecting the confidentiality, privacy, authentication and integrity of data exchange, our experienced team provides assistance and knowledge across the comprehensive product and business development lifecycles.
The technology industry presents a myriad of challenges and our team can help our client navigate such challenges in the following area:
- Communications and Information Technology
- Consumer data protection
- Critical infrastructure cybersecurity
- Data breach preparedness and response plans
- Employee Data Privacy
- Financial data protection
- Government contracting advice
- Health Information Privacy and Security
- International cybersecurity, privacy and data protection
- Technology centric litigations
Our team has experience advising and/or representing a wide range of clients. These includes:
- Tech Start-Ups
- Financial and Institutions
- Regulated/Statutory Bodies
- Medical Device Manufacturers and Pharmaceutical Companies
- Multi-National Conglomerates
- Listed Companies
- Virtual Assets Trading Platforms
Our team of lawyers have acted in a number of novel matter within the FinTech/MedTech realm. Some highlights of the past experiences of our practitioners includes:
- Representing one of the world’s largest crypto-exchanges in Hong Kong’s first litigation involving cryptocurrency transactions
- Representing a multi-national healthcare equipment provider before the Review Body on Bid Challenges under the WTO Government Procurement Agreement in a tender dispute.
- Advising various clients on a number of novel tokenization projects including but not limited to Initial Coin Offerings (“ICO”), Security Token Offerings (“STO”) and Initial Exchange Offerings (“IEO”).
- Monitoring and supervising the compliance of international electronic sports (“e-Sport”) tournament.
- Assessing and advising multi-national corporation’s cybersecurity integrity in the context of regulatory (SFC) concerns.
- Advising multi-national corporation on e-commerce tax planning and representing on their behalf before the Inland Revenue Department.
- Representing medical practitioners in healthcare related litigations.
- Advising manufacturers regarding advertising, product information, packaging, safety, recall, liaising with regulatory authorities and managing customer communications.
If you would like to know more about our Emerging Technologies and Cybersecurity practice or how we can help your business, please contact us at (852) 2810 1212 or at email@example.com.