- Direct Line
- (852) 2107 0377
2000 BCom, University of Sydney
2002 LLB, University of Sydney
2003 Prof Program, College of Law, Australia
2004 PCLL, City University of Hong Kong
2004 Solicitor, New South Wales, Australia
2006 Solicitor, Hong Kong
2020 Notary Public
Eric Woo is a dispute resolution lawyer. Prior to joining ONC Lawyers, he had worked for several reputable international law firms.
Eric specialises in international arbitration and civil and commercial litigation including contractual and tortious claims, commercial disputes, shareholders disputes and liquidation, cyber fraud, defamation, restitutionary, and employment disputes. He is also experienced in both wet and dry shipping matters, including charterparties, shipbuilding, shipping casualties, sale and purchase of vessels, ship arrest and release, international sale of goods, ship financing, cargo claims, bills of lading, letters of credit, marine insurance and other cross-border transport disputes.
Eric covers the litigation, investigation and compliance aspects of competition law in relation to shipping and logistics industry and has given presentations to financial institutions and listed companies on competition law.
Currently, Eric is a fellow or panel arbitrator of a number of professional local and foreign arbitration organisations. He has also been appointed as a member or chairman in appeal tribunal panels on building, housing and passport related matters, and serves as a member in various committees of the Law Society of Hong Kong such as arbitration, transportation and logistics and practitioners affairs.
Eric has passed the Greater Bay Area Legal Professional Examination.
· Chairman, Appeal Tribunal Panel (Buildings)
· Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
· Panel Arbitrator, Chinese Arbitration Association, Taipei
· Panel Arbitrator, Shanghai International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission
· Panel Arbitrator, Shenzhen Court of International Arbitration
· Panel Arbitrator, The Law Society of Hong Kong
· Member, Appeal Panel (Housing) of the Transport and Housing Bureau of Hong Kong
· Member, HKSAR Passports Appeal Board
· Member, Estate Agents Authority of Hong Kong
· Member, Arbitration Committee, The Law Society of Hong Kong
· Member, Standing Committee on Practitioner Affairs, The Law Society of Hong Kong
· Member, Transportation and Logistics Committee, The Law Society of Hong Kong
Overseas Speaking Engagements
· Belt and Road – Seminar on Hong Kong Legal and Dispute Resolution Services, Beijing, 2017
· Belt and Road Hong Kong Legal and Arbitration Services Seminar, Guiyang, Xi’an, Wuhan, 2016
· Hong Kong Legal Services Forum, Nanjing, 2016
· Hong Kong Legal Services Forum, Qingdao, 2014
· Contributor, ‘Logistics – Shipping’ (Volume 24), Hong Kong Encyclopaedia of Forms and Precedents, LexisNexis Hong Kong
· Author, ‘Ship Collision Liability in Hong Kong - Dawn of a New Era?’, Hong Kong Lawyer, March 2014