General Employment Advice
Hong Kong’s economy has been well supported by a comprehensive framework of labour legislation, which is a major factor why so many companies choose to conduct business in Hong Kong. It offers certainty with regard to the rights and duties of employers and employees whilst enabling great flexibility for parties to negotiate employment contracts. While leveraging the protection from labour legislation, make sure that you do not overlook that employment law is highly dynamic and sometimes agonistic. Whether you are an employer or employee, comprehensive advisory services are what you need in order to develop your business or career goals safely within the law.
At ONC Lawyers, we help you tackle the various facets of employment law that may often be overlooked by both employees and employers before, during and after the employment relationship. We have extensive experience advising international corporations, small and medium-sized enterprises, individual employers and employees, including senior executives, on all aspects of employment law issues, from negotiating and reviewing employment contracts to resolving complex employment disputes promptly and amicably. The expertise of our employment specialists together with our excellent understanding of the local business environment and companies’ day-to-day business needs makes us the go-to law firm when you experience workplace issues.
Our employment practice provides the following professional services:
- drafting and reviewing employment contracts, consultancy agreements, staff handbooks and human resources polices;
- advising on statutory and contractual entitlements;
- advising on confidentiality issues and protection of trade secrets;
- advising on post-termination restraints such as non-solicitation, non-compete and non-dealing clauses;
- advising on termination of employment and severance packages;
- advising on employee misconducts and disciplinary actions;
- advising on discrimination complaints and investigations;
- advising on defamation, privacy and harassment claims;
- advising on employment law issues arising from redundancy situations, company reorganizations; and
- advising on employment law implications in the context of mergers and acquisitions and commercial transactions.
Credentials of our lawyers in this area include:
- prepared template employment contracts and employee handbook for a newly listed company.
- advised a Chinese medicine clinic group on its employment contracts.
- advised client on its bonus scheme eligible to all of the staff of its Hong Kong office.
If you would like to seek advice on general employment issues, please contact us at (852) 2810 1212 or at email@example.com.