- Direct Line
- (852) 2107 0314
1990 CPE, Bristol Polytechnic, UK
1990/91 Solicitors Final Examination, Guildford College of Law, UK
1991 Solicitor of England and Wales
1992 Solicitor, Hong Kong
Henry Yip specialises in property and general corporate and commercial matters.
Henry was a core member who founded the property practice of a major international law firm in Hong Kong where he handled numerous substantial property transactions and projects. In 1992, Henry co-founded a boutique law firm with 3 other lawyers, and later joined ONC Lawyers as a partner in 2011.
In the past 20 years, Henry has actively participated in many successful mergers and acquisitions, cross-border transactions, and IPOs in both the Main Board and GEM of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Moreover, Henry has advised listed companies on the Takeover and Merger Code, continuing obligations, and notifiable and connected transactions under the Listing Rules.
Since 2003, Henry has assisted many PRC companies in their acquisition or proposed acquisition of natural resources projects in Chad, Democratic Republic of Congo, Kazakhstan, Iraq, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Russia and Ecuador, etc.
Since 2006, Henry has been acting for a US telecom technology company to enforce its patents against some of the world’s leading cell phone and equipment manufacturers. As the chief negotiator, Henry won the largest settlement sum for his client amongst all successful settlements handled by other lawyers.
· Researcher, Judicial Theory and Judicial System Research Centre, China University of Political Science and Law
· Certified M&A Dealmaker, China Mergers and Acquisitions Association
· Chairman, The Chinese Club Trustee Board, 2020-2021 and 2021-2022
· Former Member of the Guidance Committee, Property Committee and the Standing Committee of External Affairs of The Law Society of Hong Kong
· Former Trustee Member of the Board of Trustees of Taishan Charitable Association International Fund