/ Partner, Head of Corporate & Commercial
- Direct Line
- (852) 2107 0347
1988 LLB (Hons), The University of Hong Kong
1989 PCLL, The University of Hong Kong
1991 Solicitor, Hong Kong
As a Partner and Head of Corporate and Commercial Department, Raymond Cheung is an experienced practitioner in corporate & commercial field, including corporate finance, mergers & acquisitions, securities & futures, funds, and notes & bonds. He has over 30 years solid and extensive experience in advising regulators, financial institutions and listed companies in handling mergers and acquisitions for multi-national corporations, and corporate finance practice such as venture capital financing, pre-IPO investments, IPO, post-listing fund raising, listed company compliance, and takeovers in Hong Kong, PRC, and some other countries with different jurisdiction systems.
Securities, futures and funds are also key areas in which Raymond possesses special professional knowledge and experience. Over the past three decades, he has been advising securities, futures and asset management companies in setting up their business and applying licenses for regulated activities on legal and regulatory compliance, assisting clients in setting up private and authorised funds, and advising banks and financial institutions on legal and regulatory compliance, loan and financing transactions, and banking business & operation.
Raymond has been listed as an Asialaw Leading Lawyer in General Corporate Practice.
· ONC representative, Asia Pacific Loan Market Association
· ONC representative, HKTDC Professional Services Advisory Committee
· ONC representative, Hong Kong Investment Funds Association
· ONC representative, Hong Kong Securities and Investment Institute
· ONC representative, Hong Kong Venture Capital and Private Equity Association
· Director, Vascular and Interventional Radiology Foundation