Hong Kong’s economy has a much-admired efficient and productive labour market. It has been well supported by a framework of employment laws and regulations – just one major factor why so many companies choose to conduct business in Hong Kong. It offers certainty with regard to the rights and duties of employers and employees whilst enabling great flexibility for parties to negotiate employment contracts.
At ONC Lawyers, we help you tackle the various facets of employment law that may often be overlooked by both employees and employers before, during and after the employment relationship. We have extensive experience advising international corporations, small and medium-sized enterprises, individual employers and employees, including senior executives, on all aspects of employment law issues, from negotiating and reviewing employment contracts to resolving complex employment disputes promptly and amicably. The expertise of our employment specialists together with our excellent understanding of the local business environment and companies’ day-to-day business needs makes us the go-to law firm when you experience workplace issues.
Our employment practice provides the following professional services:
- drafting and reviewing employment contracts, consultancy agreements, staff handbooks and human resources polices;
- advising on statutory and contractual entitlements;
- advising on confidentiality issues and protection of trade secrets;
- advising on post-termination restraints such as non-solicitation, non-compete and non-dealing clauses;
- advising on termination of employment and severance packages;
- advising on employee misconducts and disciplinary actions;
- advising on discrimination complaints and investigations;
- advising on defamation, privacy and harassment claims;
- advising on employment law issues arising from redundancy situations, company reorganizations; and
- advising on employment law implications in the context of mergers and acquisitions and commercial transactions.
If you would like to seek advice on general employment issues, please contact us at (852) 2810 1212 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.